Thursday, February 18, 2010

Not Much

I have nothing profound, amusing or valuable to say today, so I'll post some pictures of the recent snow dump, from the next morning, when it was pretty and novel and interesting. It is none of those things now.
...
The fellow leaning on the snow shovel is Mike, my next door neighbor. His snow blower died trying to make a path from his garage out to the street.
...
That single icicle is/was forty inches long - which is short compared to some hanging from other roof lines in the neighborhood.
......
My next truck is going to be a powerful pick-up, Hemi-engined, with towing and snow-plow equipment as standard equipment. I figure I can earn extra income - or at least be able to get to work on my own - when we have snow like this again next winter. Oh, yes we will, too, friends.




10 comments:

Unknown said...

Golly! That's proper snow.

Rouchswalwe said...

Yowza! You win!

marja-leena said...

Unbelievable! Reminds me of some Winnipeg winters we endured! You folks must be getting quite exhausted.

The Crow said...

Hello, everyon. Thank you for visiting.

Plutarch: It was fun watching it fall - picture-postcard beautiful, especially when passing car lights struck the flakes and was refracted into millions of rainbow bits.

Rouchswalwe: This is one competition I would rather lose. Could have used some of your chicken soup, though. That sounded delicious!

Marja-Leena: When I consider how much snow usually falls in other parts of the world, I feel like such a piker to complain about this. I think we had, between the two storms, a grand total of 26-28inches. Certainly more than we customarily receive, but not anywhere the snowfall Canada has each year - or Alaska!

Steve said...

We had another snowfall here in the UK yesterday but nothing like this. Ours looks like icing sugar on a cake. And a stingy application at that!

The Crow said...

Steve:

Might I send you some of ours...please?

Harlequin said...

so beautiful some of these... hard to believe that it could be so unpleasant... brrrr!

The Crow said...

Harlequin: As long as I was inside looking out, it wasn't unpleasant at all. Open the door, however, and brrrrr! is right!

Tomás Serrano said...

Wow, that´s incredible. I imagine your state full of wonderful woods. I was only in Philadelphia, just one day, long time ago.

The Crow said...

Hello, Tomas; how nice of you to visit!

In fact, Pennsylvania is full of beautiful woods. Several years ago, Gifford Pinchot, one of our state governors and the first chief of the U. S. Forestry Service, determined to keep as much woodlands available to the public as possible. Today, there is a state or federal park located every 25 miles, throughout Pennsylvania.

I hope you will retunr to the US and have time to visit some of the wilderness areas that are Gov. Pinchot's legacy.