I just love the poetic way you expressed the melting of icicles, Rouchswalwe! Made my heart smile at the thought. I shall have to listen to the ones hanging from my gutter at the back door to hear what their song sounds like.
You are so right, Steve. Just that one little bunch of cheap silk flowers shines so against the snow. I can wait, now, for the winter aconite to bloom and the snowdrops to poke their heads above the leaf litter.
Yep...seen from a distance they look not quite real, but close enough.
The best thing is the birdsong. Lots of chirpies out there, so spring must be close behind. I might go dig the snow and dead leaves from around the aconite and the snowdrops, just to see if they're up yet, under the white stuff.
Susan, what a coincidence! I was just at your site, getting lost in my memories of when I must have thought I was a sundancer, too.
I love color and needed to see some outside, even if it isn't from real flowers. That's one of the reasons, too, I enjoy visiting your site - for your art work.
Yes! Looks great. The Missus and I went to the Richmond Flower Show yesterday; they are always a great antidote to winter blahs and dirty snow. Which we had plenty of this last month. I enjoyed alright, though work was closed down for days. Always a treat,watching the Rebs react to snow. Thanks again for the color, best regards.
I have to tell you, RR, that I've always snickered a bit, up my sleeve, at folks who put plastic flowers in their yards, but I will think twice before doing so again. Perhaps they just needed a bit of color, too.
I missed the Philadelphia Flower Show this year. Didn't even get over to Longwood Gardens, either...not yet, anyway.
Simply as a matter of curiosity, how did you find your way here?
Say, there were loads of silk tulips in the craft store. I understand Michigan is famous for its spring bulb farms. Perhaps some silk ones will brighten up your yard until the real ones bloom.
21 comments:
Brilliant, Martha! Here the icicles are finally beginning to sing the meltdown song! Hurrah!
Yet the contrast against the white only makes the colours more alive...
I just love the poetic way you expressed the melting of icicles, Rouchswalwe! Made my heart smile at the thought. I shall have to listen to the ones hanging from my gutter at the back door to hear what their song sounds like.
Thank you for this bit of brightness today.
You are so right, Steve. Just that one little bunch of cheap silk flowers shines so against the snow. I can wait, now, for the winter aconite to bloom and the snowdrops to poke their heads above the leaf litter.
Purty.
Zhoen:
Yep...seen from a distance they look not quite real, but close enough.
The best thing is the birdsong. Lots of chirpies out there, so spring must be close behind. I might go dig the snow and dead leaves from around the aconite and the snowdrops, just to see if they're up yet, under the white stuff.
Thanks for visiting.
Are you going to live them there till "Spring breaks through"?
Susan/ArtSparker:
As long as they don't wilt...
Somehow they're even prettier against the snowy background but I know you long for young grass and daffodils. I hope they arrive soon.
I also hope you're feeling better now.
Susan, what a coincidence! I was just at your site, getting lost in my memories of when I must have thought I was a sundancer, too.
I love color and needed to see some outside, even if it isn't from real flowers. That's one of the reasons, too, I enjoy visiting your site - for your art work.
Yes! Looks great.
The Missus and I went to the Richmond Flower Show yesterday; they are always a great antidote to winter blahs and dirty snow. Which we had plenty of this last month. I enjoyed alright, though work was closed down for days. Always a treat,watching the Rebs react to snow. Thanks again for the color, best regards.
I have to tell you, RR, that I've always snickered a bit, up my sleeve, at folks who put plastic flowers in their yards, but I will think twice before doing so again. Perhaps they just needed a bit of color, too.
I missed the Philadelphia Flower Show this year. Didn't even get over to Longwood Gardens, either...not yet, anyway.
Thanks for dropping by.
I'm new to your blog. I love the look, the very idea of brightening up the winter. Man, do we need it here in Michigan.
Hello, Jan. Thank you for dropping by.
Simply as a matter of curiosity, how did you find your way here?
Say, there were loads of silk tulips in the craft store. I understand Michigan is famous for its spring bulb farms. Perhaps some silk ones will brighten up your yard until the real ones bloom.
Stay warm!
It might never be warm again, or so I feel, and that makes me take a silk flower over a snow pile any day. Squirt on some perfume.
love the colour and the sentiment... nicely done.
Hello, Jim: I didn't think about perfuming the flowers before I plopped them in the snow - great idea!
Harlequin: They do brighten that little corner of the yard, that's for sure.
it's difficult for me to imagine all white as there's no snow where I live... ever.
Ribbon: No snow, ever? Let me send you some, okay?
I love the colro splash!! And I will gladly send snow to anyone who doesnt' normally get any...hehehe...
You know, Crow, I truly believe that we haven't heard the last from Jack Frost and his friends...
*sigh* I think I'll move to Florida...or the Bahamas...Virgin Islands...hehehe...wanna join me?
Post a Comment