this is a great visual as well.... I grew up in Newfoundland and we regularly got hundreds of centimeters of snow... folks would just climb out the upstairs window and head out to do whatever.... amazing, in retrospect, since now I will hunker down and wait for things to calm down before I venture out after a big snow. good luck riding this out...
Dee-light-ful drawings! They made me smile. I'm wishing for snow, just a little please, for Christmas even though we had too much last year. Aren't we picky? Do keep warm and safe and enjoy!
Often it gets a bit warmer after it snows. Here it's gone rather drippy and slushy, and not so pretty as it was. But many people hereabouts are struglling trying to travel and I hope for their sakes it gets easier.
Just soaked a bag of dried broad - fava to you, beans I found at the back of the cupboard - something about this kind of weather that make me feel as if I should be doing things like that! I've had a long running debate with an American friend about exactly what fava/broad/lima/butter beans are in our respective languages, so you have helped to clarify that!
The deepest the snow has been since I've lived in this part of the country was 28", which makes me feel a bit of a grouser to hear of your experiences.
A crow in a white hood. A hooded crow! Spot on. Witty drawing. I can't tell you how pleased I am to be allowed back in. There's nothing like rejection to make you appreciate membership.
It is warmer here, too, this morning. Already the caps of snow are either dripping crystal drops of melted snowflakes, or are falling in huge clumps onto the ground - lots of 'thump-thumps' in the backyard.
I'm soaking some red (kidney) beans! Going to make chili later today. How's that for coincidence?
When I was growing up, butter bean (mature limas) were most often found dried. If the were fresh, their flavor was entirely different, and you could tell why they were called butter beans. Either way, fresh or dried, baby beans old mature, their flavor is wonderfully enhanced with a bit of bacon in the pot.
I never intended you to be locked out. I was trying to fix a problem, but made things worse for others.
Fortunately it is only my alter ego, Sofie, who is wearing the hood of snow. I don't know that I could survive that! I like your pun, though; hadn't thought of that.
7 comments:
this is a great visual as well....
I grew up in Newfoundland and we regularly got hundreds of centimeters of snow... folks would just climb out the upstairs window and head out to do whatever.... amazing, in retrospect, since now I will hunker down and wait for things to calm down before I venture out after a big snow.
good luck riding this out...
Dee-light-ful drawings! They made me smile. I'm wishing for snow, just a little please, for Christmas even though we had too much last year. Aren't we picky? Do keep warm and safe and enjoy!
Often it gets a bit warmer after it snows. Here it's gone rather drippy and slushy, and not so pretty as it was. But many people hereabouts are struglling trying to travel and I hope for their sakes it gets easier.
Just soaked a bag of dried broad - fava to you, beans I found at the back of the cupboard - something about this kind of weather that make me feel as if I should be doing things like that! I've had a long running debate with an American friend about exactly what fava/broad/lima/butter beans are in our respective languages, so you have helped to clarify that!
Harlequin:
The deepest the snow has been since I've lived in this part of the country was 28", which makes me feel a bit of a grouser to hear of your experiences.
:)
A crow in a white hood. A hooded crow! Spot on. Witty drawing. I can't tell you how pleased I am to be allowed back in. There's nothing like rejection to make you appreciate membership.
Lucy:
It is warmer here, too, this morning. Already the caps of snow are either dripping crystal drops of melted snowflakes, or are falling in huge clumps onto the ground - lots of 'thump-thumps' in the backyard.
I'm soaking some red (kidney) beans! Going to make chili later today. How's that for coincidence?
When I was growing up, butter bean (mature limas) were most often found dried. If the were fresh, their flavor was entirely different, and you could tell why they were called butter beans. Either way, fresh or dried, baby beans old mature, their flavor is wonderfully enhanced with a bit of bacon in the pot.
:)
Plutarch:
I never intended you to be locked out. I was trying to fix a problem, but made things worse for others.
Fortunately it is only my alter ego, Sofie, who is wearing the hood of snow. I don't know that I could survive that! I like your pun, though; hadn't thought of that.
:)
Post a Comment