Friday, December 25, 2009

All the Stockings Were Hung


Sofie invited Legs-the-SPIDER to hang her stockings, forgetting that Legs has eight to Sofie's two. What do you put in a SPIDER's stocking, anyway?

Maybe I don't really want to know. Yeah, I don't. Eww-w-w-w!

18 comments:

HLiza said...

Merry Christmas to you and your loved ones Martha!

Zhoen said...

A pretty fly holiday.

I like your art.

The Crow said...

HLiza: Thank you for your good wishes. I hope the New Year is better for you than the last one was - at least, better than parts of it were.

:)

The Crow said...

"...pretty FLY..."

HA! My first laugh of the day. I shall chuckle over your response many times today. You funny girl, you.

Thank you.

:D

:D

:D

Anonymous said...

You could cook some collard greens and fill the stockings with green flies.

The Crow said...

Hello, Jim, and Merry Christmas!

All our green flies went south for the winter, but I do have a few fruit flies that have found their way inside. Not as big as green flies, but there are more than eight of them.

Collard greens are for next week, along with black-eyed peas, dirty rice and maybe a ham.

Happy New Year, Jim.

:)

KaliDurga said...

Ah, ham and black-eyed peas for the New Year, my mom has always had the same tradition. I hope the peas bring many good things for you and your family, and that your new spider friend will stick around and inspire many words (despite your dislike ;) ).

Happy holidays, Martha!

susan said...

Happy Christmas and very best wishes that it's a good one for all of you this year.

Steve said...

Here's hoping 2010 is 8 times better than 2009!

Hattie said...

A well wrapped and juicy insect?

Roderick Robinson said...

In your case, a systemic insect-killer. And I suspect if you'd actually hammered in those nails they'd all be dead straight. But I understand the need for irrgularity in great art.

Unknown said...

I have been struggling to envisage a spider wearing stocking and find the process extraordinarily unerotic. A Merry Christmas, Crow!

The Crow said...

Kali: I'm jiggy with the peas; gotta work on the spider thing, though. Happy New Year!

:)

The Crow said...

Susan: I wish for you the same, in abundance.

:)

The Crow said...

Steve:

"Eight times....?"

Oh! You devil, you!

:D

The Crow said...

Hattie: Now that's just gross...appropriate, but gross.

How are things in Hawaii? Hope you have a great new year. Thank you for dropping by. :)

The Crow said...

BB: Well, this is hardly great art! In fact, it is hardly art, at all.

Sofie the Crow can't use a tack hammer all that well. She's more of an claw-hammer gal, you know?

:)

The Crow said...

Plutarch:

Unerotic? Would mood music help? Imagine "Harlem Nocturne" playing in the background while Legs slowly inserts her tiny foot into one of her spider-silk net stockings, flexes her leg toward the ceiling and slo-o-o-wly unrolls the black whisper of silk up her long calf, wiggles it over her knee (did you know spiders have knees?), finally smoothing the peek-a-boo fabric over her voluptuous thigh, ending at the hip. She turns her leg this way and that, making certain the stocking lays as it should to achieve the sensuous look she hopes will snare her mate. Satisfied with the effect, she bends down to pich up the next one and starts all over again.

You're right...there is no way to make that image sexy. Spiders have the hairiest legs of almost all invertebrates and even if such a thing as a spider-silk net stocking existed, it couldn't be drawn up anywhere. Don't know what I was thinking.

:)