
Somewhere beneath several piles of reports and deposit slips and sales tax receipts, I am doing payroll, company income and state sales taxes reports for the historical society (my paid job) and the Friends school (my volunteer job).
...
I haven't quit blogging, at either spot; just under a mountain of tax stuff to finish in the next several days. See you all soon, I hope!
9 comments:
Hope you get to come up for air again soon!
There is no virtuous feeling like the virtuous feeling of having done one's taxes/subdued the piles of paper, at least so I have found.
You're doing taxes as a volunteer job? What a good person you are. They are lucky, lucky, lucky to have you.
Just take your time and don't forget the decimal points. We'll be around.
hang in there..... sometimes a bit of a rest is also good for the creative juices
cheers!
ArtSparker is right: looking back on the completed tax forms is where smugness ceases to be a vice and turns into the assumption of saintliness. I know you're not doing personal taxes but it may be some comfort to know that the US system is a hundred times simpler than that in the UK. I had to call in an expert (ie, Mrs BB) who has subsequently taken me into the sun-drenched, alpine-meadowed uplands of not having to do any more returns. Bliss.
There's something intrusive and demanding about those three Scrabble letters. As long as they don't keep you away from blogging for too long, one may foregive the historical society and the Friends school for for withdrawing you from ciculation.
Did you get the "x" of "taxes" on a triple word or triple letter count?
I'm up for air, feeling a wee bit virtuous, certainly grateful to be finished. I double checked my decimal points and corrected the transpositions (dyslexia strikes again) which haunt any math work I do, even if just listing figures with no calculations involved.
Bliss, indeed, and rest, too, now that the schools taxes are completed and filed. Only one ot two things left to do for the historical society, and I can call it a day for this month/quarter/last calendar year.
I don't know that I have much to place in circulation, but I am happy to be blogging again, to be sure. Now if I could just find a job where all I did all day long was blog...ah, Nirvana!
Oh, triple word AND triple score. I'd have placed them in a column that would have made use of all the score points.
Thank you all, for visiting.
Post a Comment