Photo by Stephane Guisardfound here
Just when I reach the point where I question the value of going on, a friend sends me a link to a wonderful video (from which I found a second one) that knocked me out of the downward spiral and took me out of myself for a few moments.
Hope you all enjoy the videos. I found them delightful and uplifting. Thanks, Ken.
14 comments:
Now that just says it all. Our politicians should be made to watch those videos every morning before they go into work.
Thank you for posting these links, Martha, they're are a great way to regain some perspective. Glad you had some time outside of that spiral.
I'll never figure out why men like Carl Sagan die young while so many political cretins live on to screw up the world.
Good morning, Steve:
I like the idea that we are all connected, not only to each other but to the Universe. I've held that belief for many years, and it was good to be reminded of it again last evening.
Remember the Desiderata? "You are a child of the Universe..."
Joni Mitchell knew this truth when she wrote "We are stardust, we are golden..." in her song Woodstock."
This is, as Carl said, a good time to be alive.
:)
Kali:
I am glad the Universe, through friend Ken, passed them on to me, so that I could pass them on to others.
I don't know why the best teachers sometimes die so young. Maybe to make us pay closer attention to their messages?
There is starshine peeking through my curtains. I'm going to go stand in it, outside, let it bathe my face in its wonderous beauty.
:)
And it does tend to throw us a rope. Whether we grasp it is up to us.
Zhoen:
I can grasp the rope. Holding on sometimes presents a problem.
Incredible.
JP:
Yep!
:)
remarkable; thanks, Crow, and thanks to Ken as well.
If people only realized we're traveling on a magnificent spaceship circling our galaxy at a million miles an hour. We don't even need to wear seat belts.
I worry that things have been awful for you and hope they're getting better.
There is no such thing as coincidence, I believe. There was a reason why I chose to read a bit of Patrick Madrid's blog -- http://patrickmadrid.blogspot.com -- just as there was a reason I chose to follow the link to Sagan, and forward the link to our friend, The Crow...and I have no idea on earth why any of that happened...and that's wonderfully okay with me. Sometimes it's good to listen to those little voices inside your head, ya' know?
Harlequin:
You are welcome. I'm happy to send it on, and glad Ken thought to do the same.
:)
Susan:
I like your perspective, regarding our spaceship. That's cool.
As for the other, I'm going to be okay. There are many more who have a rougher time of it than I do. Thank you for your thoughts.
:)
Ken:
I'm glad you listened to your voices and sent this on. Did me a lot of good.
:)
Post a Comment