Tuesday, October 20, 2009

I'll be back.

I have a number of things to sort out; need to focus my attention on them. Will visit other blogs when I am able. Take care, friends.

2 comments:

Sir Hugh said...

Thanks for your comments on my waterfall post.

I note you quote Thoreau on your blog. I discovered this US hero only recently and enjoyed reading Walden, but then I found he was a bit of a fraud describing his isolated and lonely life in the forest. He was only a short distance from the town and visited home regularly. I still like his quotes and words of wisdom and you will see my favourite at the heading of my blog. Two other favourites are: “Beware of all enterprises that require new clothes”, and “A lake is the landscape’s most beautiful and expressive feature. It is earth’s eye, looking into which the beholder measures the depth of his own nature. The fluviatile trees next the shore are the slender eyelashes which fringe it, and the wooded hills around are its overhanging brows”.

I have replied to your flora questions on my blog.

The Crow said...

Sir Hugh:

Thoreau's isolation was more social and mental than physical, to be sure. I think he knew himself well enough to acknowledge his occasional need for the company of others, else he might have moved to the wilds of northern Maine with only moose and bears for neighbors – and ended up falling apart the way Ed Wardle did. (I watched the two episodes of his story on our National Geographic channel. It was heartbreaking to watch him disintegrate. I wonder what happened to him after he went home.)

Thank you for visiting. I read your posts, but rarely think to comment, not wanting to intrude.

:)