"We all enter this world in the same way: naked, screaming, and soaked in blood. But if you live your life right, that kind of thing doesn't have to stop there."- Dana Gould
I 've always thought the screaming was a healthy response to the weight of the world ( literally ! ) and the need to inflate the lungs which had been breathing water up to about a few seconds before .... ah, the terrible transition from weightless swimming to encountering the gravity of one's situation.
BB: You did not! You had hold of the forceps in one hand and the stethoscope in the other, asking the doctor what they were, how they worked and what was going on!
Not me, though. One of the worst, most discomfiting nightmares I have is the one where I appear naked in public. And I don't care what Freud might think of that.
12 comments:
Hey, speak for yourself. I arrived reading an improving book.
And we all need to befriend Death at the end. Not a bad guy, really.
I read something similar along the lines of 'We arrive wet, cold screaming and naked, and get slapped on the arse. Then things get worse.'
Hey ho!
I'll take the naked and screaming but could leave the blood for the next. Is that possible?
I 've always thought the screaming was a healthy response to the weight of the world ( literally ! ) and the need to inflate the lungs which had been breathing water up to about a few seconds before .... ah, the terrible transition from weightless swimming to encountering the gravity of one's situation.
So long as one isn't in that state 20 years later I guess things have improved :-)
BB: You did not! You had hold of the forceps in one hand and the stethoscope in the other, asking the doctor what they were, how they worked and what was going on!
:)
Zhoen: I hope to live hard enough and long enough that I will be overjoyed to see Death waiting for me.
I'm not there yet.
:)
Lucy:
I like that! Funny stuff.
:)
WiaW:
Honey, it's your life, so I think you can do what you like. I'd just as soon do without the blood, myself.
I'd rather have chocolate.
:)
Harlequin:
"...ah, the terrible transition from weightless swimming to encountering the gravity of one's situation."
Ain't it the truth!
:)
Susan:
Unless one likes, of course!
Not me, though. One of the worst, most discomfiting nightmares I have is the one where I appear naked in public. And I don't care what Freud might think of that.
:)
Post a Comment