Friday, October 2, 2009

Been to the River




We live unsettled lives and stay in a place only long enough to find we don't belong.

- Mark Strand
PS: Thank you, Jim Penny, for the reminder.

8 comments:

Roderick Robinson said...

He's no vagabond. Look at his carefully cut hair, and meticulously rolled-up sleeves. Plus his overall healthiness. Probably the son of the railroad's CEO doing work experience.

The Crow said...

BB:

Either that, or he hasn't been out long enough to be 'roughed up' yet.

:)

HLiza said...

Been reading some of the previous posts I've missed and I can feel the intensity of your emotions here..It's wonderful that you described them so beautifully Martha..I wish I can too..sometimes it helps to make us feel better just by typing the words away..

The Crow said...

Hello, HLiza:

Yes, it does help to write out what's troubling my heart, but I sometmes think I overstep the boundaries of acceptable blogging behavior. Perhaps I tell too much.

Hope all is well with you, beautiful friend.

:)

Harlequin said...

nicely ironic... but, who is not a vagabond in some ways... ( and not in others...)

Spadoman said...

My dream world has me alone, aloof, and traveling, maybe on a freight train. I'll be on a coach seat next week, headed to seattle. Not the same, but on the road. I'll day dream that I'm a vagabond. Sometimes I wish I was.
You certainly don't tell too much. To share yourself with others is a good thing. I never wonder why you needed to do it, just that you did and you trust me with your soul. Gives meaning to my life, not just yours.

Peace.

Anonymous said...

I am a poor, wayfaring stranger...

Woman in a Window said...

Huh. Such a negative sentiment that can breed positives, if we allow it to. Interesting Crow. Very.
xo
erin