...with rain on my roof providing the counterpoint backdrop. I'm listening on YouTube with my loss-leader earphones, my body swaying and swinging to the sweet sounds of Django and Stephane. Sex without the sweat, cool cats! (Click on the link under the picture. Here's another one.)
.......
Go-o-od mo-o-r-rnin', Blogland!
9-28-09 Note: I was advised that an expression I used to indicate the kind of dancing I was doing (like Lauren Bacall did in To Have and Have Not, more of a strut, really) to the music, above, didn't mean what I thought it meant and was, in fact, politically incorrect, in addition to being just plain wrong. So, I edited my post to remove the offending expression, and to apologize for my ignorance.
8 comments:
Dear Martha, you are one cool and courageous person.
Thanks for the mention earlier, but don't ever let me hear you say you lead a shallow life again. Even joking.
But the jellyfish are for real aren't they?
Hello, Lucy:
I always wanted to be cool, but never quite made it, so thank you. Don't know about the courageous part, though.
What I meant by shallow life is that I'm not well read, I lack cultural depth, and I am not cosmopolitan or much of a worldly citizen.
Regarding the jellyfish: they certainly are. Did you see the photos at Marja-Leena's blog of the Hornby jellies? So beautiful.
Good to see you aint misbehaving to happily jive along on a cold Sunday morning. Co incidentally it is wet and cold here but we are thankful for the desperately needed rains as our storage facilities have reached all time lows – at just over 30%. I also enjoyed reading your melancholia piece which beautifully captured your aloneness in a house which previously echoed the sounds of others. It was very evocative as I felt I could almost hear all of those unfamiliar sounds – such as Canadian geese – emerge to capture my imagination.
Best wishes
Hello, Lindsay:
We're happy to have rain, as well, though we aren't as dry as you folks are.
The house reminds me of what I'm missing every day. I'm glad we have supper together.
The geese honking is a joy twice a year; in autumn when they herald the coming of chilly days, and in early spring, when they wake the trees.
Thank you for dropping by.
:)
You are the coolest I know! I had the stereo cranked up with some swing playing loudly as I cooked for my daughter's birthday party that we held later in the afternoon. I listened to the Jumpin' Uptown album by The Senders and some Louis Jordan.
E-mail me. I want to know the politically incorrect thing you said. LOL
Peace.
I think someone's being a little over-sensitive about all this. Most words associated with jazz (jive, jelly-roll and jazz itself) have copulative undertones but we all managed to get over that back in the twenties and are now living liberated lives. Of course, now you've edited out the reference I'm trying my hardest to remember what it was; the human state defaults to prurience. Recently I did a post, decided it was rubbish and deleted it; immediately afterwards Plutarch complained for the same reason I'm sort of complaining now. He'd read the post, but not too attentively, and was now curious to find out why I'd lowered the ultimate blog-sanction. Too late! Too late!
Joe/Spadoman:
Swing, R&B, jazz, et cetera...all get into my soul and then comes out in movement. Can't help it, brother, I was born that way. As I type this, I'm listening to Jimi and Lonnie Youngblood jamming. Good godamighty, it is all I can do to keep my butt in this chair!
You have Louis Jordan?! Choo-choo Ch'boogie and Is you is or is you ain't? My mother used to do that tail-waggling dance I emailed you about while singing "Is you is..."
I am such a happy camper this morning. Music does have power to soothe souls and, in my case, at least, move your world.
You're cool, too, y'know.
:)
BB:
What I wrote didn't have anything to do with sex, and sure as heck wouldn't have stopped me from writing about it, if it did.
I used an expression I vaguely remembered from my youth which I thought described the exuberant dancing I was doing while listening to Django and Stephane. Turns out the expression was/is used by bigots to belittle African-Americans. I didn't know that, or I never would have used it.
So, you wanna talk sex? (VBG)
:)
Post a Comment