Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Curly-Joe, Sister and Georgie




Curly-Joe (in the broken birdbath dish) is so named because the tip of his tail is kinked, though you can't see that in the picture. Sister (near the green mat) is so named because...well, she's their sister. Kareema calls her Princess, because she acts like one.
Georgie (the only one remaining) is so named because he is so blasted curious about everyhing! (Like the storybook character, "Curious George.")
I found them in the carport in a wooden box in late June. When their mother weaned them onto the birds and rabbits that call my yard home, I started feeding all of them to try to save the other wildlife. My crows aren't happy with the situation, but the smaller animals seem grateful. The crows want the cats to move away to someone else's yard.
As soon as I can find homes for the kittens, the crows will come back. They visit the larches and the oak tree in the yard everyday, keeping an eye on the cat situation, occasionally letting me have an earful about it.
Ah, well...what can I tell ya? I like wild things.
(Pictures of the kittens by Ken Jones, (C) October 2008)

No comments: