How I feel toward Google/Blogger right now. Grump. Since Blogger lost my responses to comments left here, as well as the rant I posted when I learned of it, I will answer them here. Of course, my typing of late is terrible, so it is entirely possible (probable?) that I hit the wrong buttons earlier. Just makes me feel better to blame Google/Blogger for the screw-up.
To June Saville: When I returned home after the test, I enjoyed little chocolate-covered peanut butter rabbits in a scoop of peanut-butter-fudge ice scream. Chocolate has tremendous healing powers...no, really, it does. Wait; you already know that, don't you?
...
To Barrett Bonden: Donovan just bought an MP3 player, with money he earned doing odd jobs. He's very proud of it and has offered to teach me how to use one, should I buy one for myself. I will welcome files from you; will let you know when I have one.
...
A line from your poem about rock-climbing prompted me to write about my heart as if I were not connected to it, but rather its chauffeur or pack-mule. The truth is, writing in such a detached manner helps keep my fears under control. When I am afraid, I turn to attempts at humor to get me through whatever has me scared. I am such a coward when it comes to medical procedures other than having blood drawn or X-rays made.
...
To HLiza: Your friendship across the many miles is the best lullaby I can think of, friend. I appreciate your words of encouragement.
To HLiza: Your friendship across the many miles is the best lullaby I can think of, friend. I appreciate your words of encouragement.
...
To Plutarch: Dear Joe, you are a good influence. Henceforth, this heart-health stuff will be my great adventure. I will keep the motor running, so I can head out on the highway. Thank you for your good wishes.
...
To Plutarch: Dear Joe, you are a good influence. Henceforth, this heart-health stuff will be my great adventure. I will keep the motor running, so I can head out on the highway. Thank you for your good wishes.
...
To Zhoen: I haven't laughed this well, as I did over this video, in a long time. So glad you sent it.
...
To marja-leena: Thank you. Apart for my pointless worrying, and my cowardly behavior, the test went well. Will receive the doctor's report in a couple or three weeks.
...
To marja-leena: Thank you. Apart for my pointless worrying, and my cowardly behavior, the test went well. Will receive the doctor's report in a couple or three weeks.
...
Thank you all for your kind thoughts and well-wishes.
16 comments:
Glad to hear the test went well..just think of happy thoughts..the report will come no matter what. Life still need to go on..
HLiza, life does indeed go on, as you have shown by surviving that terrible auto crash. I'm not concerned about the test results. I was, needlessly and foolishly, worried about taking a walk on a treadmill.
I hope all is well with you and your family.
:)
Good. When I'm worried, distraction works best of all. Especially funny distractions.
A lesson I struggle with is letting go of worry. In my head I know that worry does no good at all, in fact it does harm to body and soul without changing outcomes.
But, it's human nature to worry... or at least, it's my nature. And yours too, apparently. Breathe deeply, close your eyes and let it go. Repeat as needed.
xoxoxox
Great cartoon and lovely comments ... as usual; all good wishes for that big heart of yours.
Though I take your earlier point about the difficulties and imprecisions of writing poetry it does concentrate the mind. This may help when unwelcome shadows are lengthening. But brightly-honed prose (which you do very well) can be just as helpful. By the way, stop all these apologies about being a lousy typist; for all I know Rembrandt possibly had difficulty cleaning his paint-brushes. An elliptical sentence if ever there was one.
Zhoen - that works for me, too.
:)
e:
I'm repeating...I'm repeating.
:)
Harlequin:
Stormy Joe Btfsplk was one of my favorite characters in L'il Abner. I could so relate to him when I was a kid.
Moonbeam McSwine was the other. I wanted to be her...minus the flies around her face, that is.
:)
BB - I'll work on concentrating my mind.
Re: Rembrandt working with dirty brushes - might that explain why so much of his worn is dark and gloomy?
:)
and now I'm worried...reading back...
Erin: Don't be worried. It makes wrinkles.
As my hip-hop-wanna-be grandson says, "It's good. It's all good, dog."
:)
I just walked in on this whole post/blog/comment thing, so I have no idea what is going on, but I want to be one of those well wishers and hope all is good with you.
Spadoman: Just got my feathers ruffled a bit with Google/Blogger, which seemed to lose two posts I made. In retrospect, I likely pushed the wrong button. I do that a lot.
All is good, no matter what.
Loved reading about your road trip with family. Looks like everyone had a great time. Especially like the Golden Gate bridge in fog - beautiful shot.
:)
Yes, it is all good. And it beats the alternative.
Hello, ER:
"And it beats the alternative."
Sure does!
:D
Post a Comment