Today is one of those days you want to last forever. The weather is fantastic: cool temperatures, sunny skies, light breeze - beautiful!
...
I have off from work on Tuesdays and Thursdays and I try to get my housework done on those two days. Today, though, broke bright and beautiful, too good to waste on housework and staying inside. Daughter, who has taken the motto, "Keep calm and carry on," to heart in the wake of losing her job (which she really loved), was in good spirits this morn. She and I went to our favorite coffee shop and treated ourselves to breakfast out...might be a long while before we can do that again, so we savored every morsel, every minute of it.
...
Today is a great day for doing yard work, which I enjoy, so I'm off to clear the yard of fallen twigs and the odd bits of trash that seem to collect here from around the neighborhood, before tuning up the mower and attacking the jungle at the back of the house. First dry day we've had in weeks!
...
So, fellow bloggers who happen by today, I wish you all a beautiful day, wherever you might be, no matter what the weather, or what's on your schedule for the day. I wish you all well, and happiness abounding!
...
...
(c)2009 Martha McLemore

14 comments:
a beautiful day like today can raise your spirits and put a little bounce in your step....enjoy, jack c
John:
I wish you the same, Friend!
:)
A line I read years ago and took to heart was: In this moment there is nothing to fear. I'm happy knowing the two of you enjoyed breakfast in each other's company.
A lovely sunny morning here; I'll spend it sorting job applications and then to relax with some cooking accompanied by a glass of wine.
Susan:
I like that line. Makes perfect sense!
:)
AWB John:
Sounds like a fine plan.
:)
Beautiful photo and wish. Wishing you all good things back in return. :-)
I love posts like this, that cherish and relish the details! Hope you have many other lovely days, Martha.
(Keep calm, many bloggers appear to be insomniacs!)
Hello, Lucy:
Missed you while you were on holiday. Hope you had a wonderful time.
Thank you for your kind wishes. The shift in attitude seems to have done me a world of good.
:)
(o)
Zhoen:
:)
A good spring day cannot be wasted on housework! I'm glad you enjoyed the out of doors.
Michelle:
I seem to be having trouble posting replies in the comment page. I answered your comment before I responded to Lucy, but it still hasn't shown up.
Glad you liked the photo. I was looking for an orchard sunrise, hoping to find an image from this part of Pennsylvania, the heart of orchard country.
Neetzy:
It was truly lovely out.
:)
Post a Comment