
I teased Plutarch about an image he posted showing his obscured reflection, suggesting it would be nice to see what he looks like. He pointed out that my photo showed a crow head and beak.
...
That got me to thinking that the photo I originally used for my avatar is of a young crow; sleek, shiny, fresh-faced - not at all like the crow I have become. I am aging rapidly. My feathers are thinning on top of my head and I have developed a wattle. My skin, once smooth and supple, is becoming coarse and grainy.
......
The former photo is a fraud. Above is a more accurate representation of my Crow appearance today.
12 comments:
A lovely Crow, with character in abundance.
Zhoen:
I would purr for you, if I could. Thank thee for thy kindness.
:)
Take my word for it, old crows are the best ones.
Susan (and Crow):
Well, I am better, in some ways, now than I ever was before, so perhaps this is so. Thank you.
:)
For all my girl friends, even those starting to shed a few feathers... ;-)
http://crows-feet.blogspot.com/2009/05/to-all-my-girl-friends.html
Thank you, Michelle. I visited your blog and YouTube, and put her in my favorites collection. I'd never heard her sing before. This song might become my theme!
:)
I think faces get more interesting as they get older.
The face of an older person is much more compelling than the face of a young person. Their face tells a story.
Young beauty sometimes seems so bland to me.
Your face is a good face, nice direct eyes. It reminds me of my daughter, from what I can see of you.
Friend John (AWB):
I deem it a compliment that you think I resemble your daughter, for I know how lovely your granddaughter is, and she must favor her mother at least a little bit.
My face will do this time around.
:D
There's a lot of knowing savvy in that face. Take me on, he/she says, go on, take me on.
I am flattered, BB, that you think I am savvy. I hope I am.
:)
i have always liked older faces even as a girl. i saw a photo of a woman with hundreds of deep lines in her face and i wanted that face. i loved that face.
your photo is beautiful.
Thank you, Cat.
:)
Post a Comment