Thursday, May 28, 2009

Molly's Quilt

Inspired by Lucy's post about an outing with her cocker spaniel, Molly, I played around with the colors Lucy mentioned and came up with this quilt for Molly. I first drew some lime green lines on a chocolate brown background, fiddled with different effects, changed hue and saturation settings, then pixelated the whole thing to come up with this. Every dog should have a quilt of its own. Molly lives with an artist, so her quilt is colorful, to the max!
(c)2009 Martha McLemore

14 comments:

Utah Savage said...

OpArt quilt! Too cool. Every good dog should have one.

The Crow said...

Hello, Peggy:

You betcha! Our dear departed pooch could hardly wait for me to put his freshly washed quilt back down, so he could roll all over it and make it smell like him again. Sure do miss my little buddy.

:)

Lucy said...

Beautiful; Molly sends a big thank you woof and a good licking!

Thanks from me too!

The Crow said...

Lucy:

You both are very welcome!

I have enjoyed imagining walking with the two of you for several months now, and thought I should repay the pleasures I've had.

:)

Zhoen said...

That is a design that deserves to see fabric and thread.

EcoRover said...

My new dog (also a Molly) is at my feet right now, oh great--now she wants one, too.

The Crow said...

Zhoen:

Wish I could take credit for it; the software did it. I agree it would make a lovely quilt, though.

:)

The Crow said...

ER:

A new dog! Good for you. Does she smooch the fish, too?

As Utah said earlier, every good dog should have a quilt. These colors are similar to the ones used in Amish quilts, so this could be an abstract Amish pattern - I'll call it Molly's Walk.

:)

Spadoman said...

Made me think of my old dog. I haven't had a four legged companion since 1985. My daughter has suggested a few as she does rescue for sled dogs. She has one fella, a three legged guy named Zeke. I really like Zeke a lot. Maybe later this summer I'll start having Zeke over for overnights and see if he likes Spadoland. Maybe I'll need to get him a quilt, but I would hope he'll just like hangin' around with me, quilt or no.

You artists are so creative it amazes me no end.

Peace.

The Crow said...

Spadoman:

I'm betting Zeke will love visiting with you and won't care where he sleeps.

Do you have a sidecar for your motorcycle? What a cool sight that would be: happy hound in the sidecar, goggles for his eyes, ears flapping in the breeze as you head out on the highway.

:)

SSQuo said...

I like, it seems blurry and then when you look closely you see each color. Very nice!

The Crow said...

SSQuo:

I was pleasantly surprised with the results of the editing program, completely unplanned. Glad you enjoyed the design.

:)

Lucy said...

There is a Flickr pool for 'Dogs called Molly' you know; ours features occasionally, and isn't the only cocker spaniel!

The Crow said...

Lucy:

How do I access your Molly's pictures?

:)