Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Hark

(Photo taken last year.)

Holiday decorations wouldn't be complete without the little Hummel angel strumming her lute.  I think she is older than I am, though not by much. 

Best wishes for a happy, successful New Year, too. 

9 comments:

Should Fish More said...

And to you, Martha. I wish you all the best for the holiday.

I'm leaving here in about an hours, doubt I'll have wifi for a couple days.

Take care,
Mike

The Crow said...

Then let me wish you safe travels, Mike. Hope you meet with good weather and interesting people along your journey.

Connie said...

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and yours, Martha! Isn't it funny how many memories we have attached to our holiday decorations. I know it is that way for me anyway. :)

Roderick Robinson said...

My superior musical knowledge (actually the product of knitting together a fact here and another there - without any of it really meaning very much) recognises immediately that your lutenist has just struck a diminished seventh and is, as a result, looking very pleased with herself. But aren't angels fellas? I ask myself. This isn't a time to be technical.

Me, I wouldn't wish you anything diminished. Thanks for creating a special kind of interplay based on the word "friend". Have a fulfilling one, ma grande amie, Corbeau.

Harlequin said...

lovely angel
a nice metaphor for you, as well.
have a wonderful holiday season.

Avus said...

The pressed, embossed Father Christmas which stands on our mantlepiece at present dates from at least 1932 and stood likewise in my grandparents house. Passed onto my parents and now mine, it is part of family history.

All happiness and health to you, Crow.

Unknown said...

Dear Crow, A happy Christmas and and a peaceful and fruitful Year.

Lucy said...

Happy Christmas Crow. Thank you for your marvellous writing, clear-sightedness and courage. It's good to know you, even at this distance.

The Crow said...

Thank you, all, for stopping by with your kind thoughts and good wishes. I hope our new years are better than the ones we are leaving behind.

Martha