Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Jewel of the Day

Sapphire





She (at least, I think it is she) quotes: "We are such stuff as dreams are made on and our little life is rounded with a sleep."— Prospero's line from Shakespeare's Tempest
Found this blog while reading Whiskey River a few days ago.

11 comments:

Deedee said...

A beautiful stone! The sky is the same color here this morning. Thanks for the link to whiskey river - what a great collection of thought!

Anonymous said...

Interesting note; All rubies are sapphire, but not all sapphires are ruby.

Roderick Robinson said...

Clicked on the sapphire and got a huger sapphire. Reminded me of Scott Fitzgerald's "A diamond as big as the Ritz".

Zhoen said...

Whiskey River is an astonishing resource.

The Crow said...

Deedee:

I don't remember how I stumbled onto Whiskey River, but I'm glad I did. I've found some other great blogs and writing sites through WR, like the Such Stuff blog.

:)

The Crow said...

Hello, AKA:

I knew rubies and sapphires are in the same mineral family, but I didn't know what you told me today. Learn something new every day!

My birthstone is a ruby, but I like those blood-red garnets better. And jade - love jade.

:)

The Crow said...

BB:

Didn't know how to make the elarged version smaller for the post, but wouldn't it be interesting to have a sapphire as big as the Ritz?

:)

The Crow said...

Zhoen:

Did I find Whiskey River through your blog? I can't remember how I found it, but I agree with your comment - a great source.

:)

Crow said...

the 'suchstuff' blog is beautiful indeed and interesting there's no comment link. I rather enjoy getting comments but I like the idea of just looking without having to say anything.

The Crow said...

We crows excel at silent observation, but the opportunity to caw is always welcome. Thank you for visiting my roost.

:)

The Joined up Cook said...

My wife would love that. I've learnt to appreciate the beauty of such things through her. The way the light plays through them can be astonishing.

Oh, and Martha, I've hugged you back on my blog ;)