Inspiration:
Night sky deep azure.
Silver crescent moon swings low.
Winter turns to Spring.
...
Curly Joe:
Cat, tail to the wind,
Leaning against silent house -
Fur shivers in waves.
Poetry:
Words bloom in my heart,
Their petals fall past my hands.
Paper sweeps them up.
...
Daydream:
Emptiness abounds.
Life flows forever onward,
Longing to be filled.
...
Friend:
Ida, a year gone,
Vivid in my memory.
Muse left, I can't write.
(c) 2009 Martha McLemore
8 comments:
I love Poetry, wonderful image of paper sweeping up petals/words.
Hello, KD -
Thank you. I'm trying my hand at a new art form, having fun.
Martha
I really like your Haiku. Great!
Thank you, Maggie. I'm still learning about haiku. I'm sure there is more to writing good haiku than just five-seven-five.
It's good to stretch the mind by trying new things.
Martha
LOVE them all!
great images...
moon swinging low...
tail to the wind...
especially i was struck by 'poetry'
paper sweeping up the petals of words...
WOW!
these ARE haikus... two interwoven images... giving you a pause... linking you to an amazing vastness... where you come to know things much better...
thanks for these sparkly gems, Martha...
namaste!
You wrote: "...haikus... two interwoven images... giving you a pause... linking you to an amazing vastness... where you come to know things much better..."
Now, because of what you've shared, I now understand the art of haiku better than I had before. Thanks, HB!
Lovely haikus, Martha. Poetry and Curly Joe are my favorites. Very nice images. :)
Thank you, Daisy. Nice to see you here again.
Post a Comment