Sunday, February 22, 2009

While waiting for the laundry to dry and the dishwasher to finish...

...I'm playing with a free photo editing program I downloaded several weeks ago from Paint.net - just now getting around to exploring its uses. This is the original image I used:




It is a photo of fabric from Africa, one of several hundred design sources I've downloaded over the last several years. Regrettably, I didn't think back then to list the sources for some of those designs, so I cannot give credit where it is due.
I tweaked the hue and saturation of the colors, did a polar inversion and stretched that image out, flipped it horizontally, then pasted the two resulting images together on a separate page.
Here is the image I just finished butchering. Now, what to do with it?


(c) 2009 Martha McLemore. Altered fabric image by Martha McLemore

6 comments:

Unknown said...

magnificent blend of colors and designs!
~AM

KaliDurga said...

Thank you for the tip on Paint.net, Martha. Looks like a very fun progam.

lisahgolden said...

Hey, I think that's pretty cool. I love dinking around with photo editing when I have time to do it.

The Crow said...

AirmanMom:

I wish I could take credit for it, but the software did most of the work!

I just pushed buttons.
Thank you, though.
Martha

The Crow said...

KaliDurga - It is a fun program, and relativly easy to use (which I especially appreciate!)

Hope you have fun with it, too, if you decide to download it.

Martha

The Crow said...

Lisa! Hello:

Your life is so full, but somehow I can see you adding dinking to your schedule. Loved your post about your boss' comments regarding the reason he'll not let you go!

I hope your life-strife settles down for you and your family soon.