Sunday, February 22, 2009

O-o-o-o, a Sparkly!

Of the many voices I hear in my head (come on, I know you have them, too, so don't go raising that eyebrow at me!), two I value are my Muse and my Conscience. Except today, dammit!

My Muse is entranced with the new sparkly that has caught my corvine attention, the Paint.net toy I mentioned earlier, and wants to play...to the exclusion of eating, cleaning house, visiting the throne room, doing laundry, reconciling my checking account and working on my personal taxes, a few of the items from my "To Do on First Day "(Sunday to non-Quakers) list. Not to mention responding to the comments on the blog, which I keep meaning to do every time I log on...arrrrggggghhhhh!

Conscience (aka "that cranky-ass, anal-retentive party-pooper" to Muse) keeps nagging me about all the things I just listed above. Add blogging, in the first place, to that list. Conscience usually speaks in dulcet tones, sweetly...for the first time or two she inserts her little reminders. After that, she begins to simper, then really whine, then SCREECH LIKE THE BANSHEE FROM HELL!!

SHUT THE F*** UP! (That was Muse, not me. I don't say things like that...out loud.)

I do not think the images I'm about to post are "all that," but they are fun, and I wanted to show those who might be interested a couple of things you can do with just a click or two (Conscience: "Make that more like 10 or 15, after half an hour of diverted, wasted energy!") of your mouse buttons.

Okay, this is the end result:

and this is what I started from:
BU-U-UZ-Z-Z-Z-Z-Z!
Okay, okay...I hear the dryer buzzing again for the fifteen-millionth time. I'm going, already, so shut ...

(c) 2009 Martha McLemore

6 comments:

KaliDurga said...

Hah, your day today sounds frighteningly similar to mine. And I can blame part of mine on you, too ;)

I finally began reconciling my checkbook, but keep getting distracted and jumping back on the 'net. My Conscience has about had it with me...

The Crow said...

Me?! I blame the voices in my head, so you can, too. They're tough, they can take it.

I deal with taxes and bookkeeping stuff every day at work, and it makes me hate having to do it for myself. Funny thing is I used to love doing our personal taxes - too much of a good thing, I guess!
Martha

June Saville said...

Graphic design and paint programmes are such fun Martha - I liked your results.
My Muse has me writing and doing fun things on the computer and my conscience tells me to do the cleaning. Guess who wins most of the time?
June in Oz

The Crow said...

Hello, June:

I dare say it is the same one who wins in my life,as well!

Connie said...

You made me smile with this post, Martha. I am all too familiar with the battle of the voices in my head telling me I SHOULD be doing this or that when my fun creative voice is pleading with me to do something I'd enjoy instead. Have a great day! :D

The Crow said...

Daisy:
It is comforting, somehow, to realize I'm not the only one embroiled in that tug-of-war between my Conscience and my Muse.

I think both are worn out, because today neither one is speaking to me. Fine by me!

Martha