I've been staying with my daughter for the last ten months and have felt disconnected from the rest of the world, especially after the quarantine began. In fact, depression is my constant companion, leading to more flare-ups of PTSD than I've had since it first blindsided me in 2013. I haven't reached out to my blogging friends in so long, it seems I don't even know how anymore.
Yesterday, friend Francesca surprised and amazed me by sending a mask she made for me. I was at work, the one day that I may go in to the office, since the historical society is closed down for the duration of the COVID-19 siege. Before going in, I dropped by my house to see if I had any mail. Didn't look through it until I got to the office. That I had any personal mail at all was a nice surprise, but that it was from a blogging friend was even better.
Then I opened the package and burst into tears. Fresca's gift spoke volumes of her friendship and concern for friends during this terrible time.
While I can't "reach out and touch..." her hand, I can touch what her hands made...and what her heart felt in the making.
Thank you, dear friend.

7 comments:
Oh, wow, the crows look just PERFECT on you!!!
Thanks for sharing the wonderful photo of you wearing it--that makes me super happy.
Do you remember, you sent me a big box of fabrics when I was sewing with the people in Memory Care (2015)? I'd half-forgotten that until I STARTED to sew this mask, and it flooded back to me: we're on a kindness round-about.
I do miss you blogging--any time you want to ease back in the pool and paddle about, or just hang out on the edges, please do!
So lovely and appropriate.
Sorry you are going through this again. We are still here, whenever.
Call me. 406-490-8682
Well, I'm still around, Sofie! Just love your "crowmask". With that on you could take up being a highwayman (woman).
Keep safe and well and climb that ladder out of despond. Much Love.
And sharing that mask here will prompt more generous acts, for sure. Fresca and Martha FTW!
How chic you look. Did you know crows are on the increase in the UK - valued for what they are. Autocratic, sleek, forever "on the prod" in the words of my dear dead Mum.
I know what it is to have generous neighbours. The guy opposite lets us know when he's off to Tesco and picks stuff up for us since I may or may not have "an underlying condition". Drops the check-out slip into the bag and I pay him by bank transfer. But how should I react to a box of cookies which isn't listed on the check-out slip? With warmth and extreme gratitude. We Skype and it's a world away from a phone call; you feed on smiles.
Lovely mask, sweet sentiment from your friend.
Hang in there.
Terry
Post a Comment