Sunday, May 3, 2020

Getting Through Today

Like millions of others around the world, I live with clinical depression.  On bad days, if I am momentarily clear-headed enough to think outside my uncontrolled, self-imposed misery, I wonder how those others get through their tough times.

One thing that helps distract me from my omnipresent Unseen is laughter; the belly-shaking kind from watching stupid movies or drunk squirrels videos or listening to musical parodies.  Political parodies reign supreme.

To paraphrase Rod Serling, I gathered and submit for your approval/amusement the following videos from YouTube (not all are comedic, some are tributes):
  1. DIE, DIE CORONO VIRUS/FAUCI
  2. QUARANTINE SONG/TRUMP 
  3. STAYING INSIDE/BEE GEES  
  4. THE VIRUS SONG/BEATLES 
  5. CORONA BATTLE SONG/SIMON&GARFUNKEL 
  6. WE DIDN’T START THE VIRUS/BILLY JOEL/MASSIVE OZ
  7. GET BY WITH A LITTLE HELP/CUOMO/TRUMP
  8. GOD ONLY KNOWS/FOUNDERS SING/BEACH BOYS
May laughter fill your dark moments throughout your days.

(I owe several of you responses to your previous comments.  Let me say now, in case the Unseen interferes with answering you yet again, that I deeply appreciate your comments, which let me know you are still here and doing relatively well.  I am cheered by reading your blog posts and your comments.)

Martha

3 comments:

Fresca said...

I will watch some of those--thanks, Martha!
I definitely need humor to get through this time (or any time...).

Along those lines,
I recently asked around for TV (Netflix) recommendations, and over and over, people recommended the show "Community".
Have you seen it?

Tonight I watched the first two episodes and I laughed out loud several times, which is almost unheard of for TV.
Super happy to have some fun stuff to look forward to watching.

Have a good week ahead!

Zhoen said...

Have you been watching all the Randy Rainbow videos?

Michael Leddy said...

I thought the Bee Gees takeoff was especially apt. “God Only Knows” made me tear up.

Here’s one I’d like to share, which I found in the YouTube sidebar while watching these:

“Coronavirus Rhapsody,” one singer, many screens, pretty brilliant.