Saturday, November 19, 2016
Worth a Shot
Friend Fresca wrote:
"When we who believe in speaking up come up with a symbol that everyone agrees on, I'll wear that. But until then, I'll stick with the safety pin to represent even just the possibility of a pinprick of light in the darkness."
I suggested a multi-colored, striped megaphone. It doesn't fit Fresca's ideal, but I figured I'd give it a go. It's meant to represent all races, all orientations, abilities - all of us! (I might change the orientation of the human-color stripes, though; from darkest on top to lightest on bottom...or some other way.)
It's a work in progress.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I LOVE it!
It totally fits my personal ideal----
what I was complaining about was that political divisions are so sharp and critical these days, seems we who should be pulling together can't agree even on a simple symbol, even a rainbow.
Thank you for reminding me to ignore the in-fighting and to non-ironically embrace signs of hope and love, like this one!
Emily's symbol has a fuse at one end, with a match nearing. Love and hope are not in my girl's hearts at the moment. Fury maybe, anger and rage.
Take care, friend.
Mike
These are complicated times and finding our symbols will take some time. I am not worried as long as we do something!
Post a Comment