I have been trying for the last 24 or more hours to upload an image (tried different ones) to illustrate this post with no success.
I will give you the URL for the image I like best. Maybe that will work.
Anyway, what I had to say can just as easily be said another day. I wish you all a healthier year than the one just past, all the love you can handle, good friends and joy abounding, and sufficient wealth to do at least some of the more important things on your lists!
Happy New Year.
Martha
11 comments:
Serenity and a happier year to you.
And to you also, Martha.
And a gorgeous image it is, too.
What a stunning image! Thank you for the very good wishes, Martha, and I wish you all that and more!
And the same to you, Martha.
This photograph makes me think of a passage in Willa Cather’s The Professor’s House: “Every morning, when the sun’s rays first hit the mesa top, while the rest of the world was in shadow, I wakened with the feeling that I had found everything, instead of having lost everything. Nothing tired me. Up there alone, a close neighbour to the sun, I seemed to get the solar energy in some direct way. And at night, when I watched it drop down behind the edge of the plain below me, I used to feel that I couldn’t have borne another hour of that consuming light, that I was full to the brim, and needed dark and sleep.”
A very happy New Year, Martha.
The image is amazing, almost looks like another planet.
A magnificent image, Martha. And all good wishes to you and yours.
Well, I was just going to write along the lines of what Willa Cather wrote.
(Ha! Fat chance!)
But, basically, yeah... that's it, what Michael quoted. I wish that for you (and me).
HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Onward.
Gorgeous photo. And happy New Year to you!
Crikey, the pic looks like the aftermath of a (hopefully localised) nuclear holocaust.
Never mind. Let's hope for both our sakes a kinder, gentler new year.
Happy New Year, Martha.
the blog looks wonderful.
I am (finally)in the year after cancer/surgery/ radiation/ chemo... looking forward to being more present in the blogosphere.
so glad to see your work ongoing.
:)
Post a Comment