Every single time I log into Blogger, up pops a screen like the one above telling me Blogger cannot complete my request. I dutifully click the button that sends me to a Blogger comment page. I've stopped explaining what happens and now just let them take a screenshot and finish out the task.
Except today. Today, their ubiquitous error message pissed me off to the point I stirred from my apathy and wrote back. (I may be a tad grumpy today; sorry about that.)
Google Feedback lets you send Google suggestions about our products. We welcome problem reports, feature ideas and general comments.
"As often as I get messages telling me how sorry you are that you can't complete my request, yet nothing changes, I have serious doubts that you really give a hoot.
So, to answer your question as to what I was doing when I
got this error message, I was attempting to open a post I hadn't finished from
the drop down menu on the Dashboard page.
I had just lifted my cup of coffee for a sip with my non-dominant hand
while the index finger of my dominant hand tapped the Posts selection. As I waited for the next screen to rise
(nanoseconds, really), I set my coffee mug down and proceeded to scratch an
itchy spot on my left butt cheek.
Say! Do you think such actions on my part - while in my less-focused state of mind - causes this repetitive failure to communicate on your part?"
Thank you for your
feedback. We value every piece of feedback we receive. We cannot respond
individually to every one, but we will use your comments as we strive to
improve your Google experience.
Yeah, well; I won't hold my breath.
Yeah, well; I won't hold my breath.
7 comments:
I had trouble with Google a while back (some months), Martha and like you I sent them a comment. As you say, "don't hold your breath" - I am still waiting for their reply......
Avus! How wonderful to hear from you. Glad you've returned.
I've written so many explanations over the last couple of years and have heard nothing that I gave up. If you hear back from them, tell me what magic you used to accomplish that. Maybe it will work for me, too.
Again, so good to receive your comment.
Hahaha! It had to be the butt cheek scratch that did you in ;)
Dear Faithful Customer:
I hasten to assure you that we deeply care about meeting your internet needs. Deeply.
Rest assured our top minds are feverishly working their little Bangladesh fingers to the bone to make sure that we provide the very best service to you, dear Faithful Customer.
Unfortunately, I myself cannot help you with the problem, I switched to Linux some years ago, as have all our staff at Google.
We can send a delicious goat curry reciepe, though.
Sincerely,
Google@donotreply.com
Kali:
Yeah, that's what I thought - maybe a static charge, or something. ;0
Martha, try the Blogger Help Forum. A number of people are reporting this problem. One post gives suggestions: clear the cache, clear cookies, restart the browser, try another browser, try incognito mode (in Chrome), disable extensions and plug-ins.
Mind you, no one from Google seems to be present in the Help Forum. It's a self-help group, I guess.
[Just realized I could have e-mailed you about Pendemonium. I read in a reader and forgot that you have your e-mail on your front page.]
They should send you a prize for most amusing complaint letter including the words "to scratch an itchy spot on my left butt cheek". :)
Post a Comment