Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Goodbye, Joe.

When I started my blog several years ago, I searched for others that had a crow theme.  Joe Hyam's blog wasn't about crows, not in the way I was searching, but he had taken a photo of a crow, and that's what came up in my search.  I liked what Joe wrote and added him to my list of blogs to follow.
 
Joe, through his blog, introduced me to many things - art, poetry, other bloggers, other places - that expanded my limited knowledge and added a lot of pleasure to my life.  He wrote about the artist Rothko, of whom I'd never heard, but whose works I find interesting. 
 
 
Abstract by Rothko

 
Joe also introduced me to another Brit with whom I've corresponded, his dear friend, Roderick Robinson.  When Joe posted a photo (below) he took of friends on a park bench near his home, I immediately thought of him and Robbie.  I swiped the photo, with Joe's permission, for my collection, and look at it often.  Never more so than today.
 
 
Photo of friendship, by Joe Hyam (c) 2009
 
 
If you visit Robbie's blog page today, you will find a beautiful tribute to his friend Joe, who has died.
 
I have no idea if there is anything for us once we die, but if there is, I hope Joe has found his Beloved and they are enjoying a skyscape together as beautiful as the one he captured in the photo below.
 
Goodbye, Joe.  Thank you for all that you gave to me. 
 

Golden clouds by Joe Hyam  (c) 2013