Tuesday, October 30, 2012

After the Storm


All that's left of Sandy in our immediate area is rain and wind, mild wind under 40mph.  This is do-able, folks.  I haven't looked at news reports lately, but I know we were fortunate here in my town compared to the rest of the East Coast.  Haven't lost power yet, which means the sump pump continues to pump, I can reheat my coffee, and I have Internet - my connection to the rest of the world.  Life is good.

So, thank you, Universe and whatever other powers that be, for the good fortune we had.

And for the sassafras that still stands next to my house. 

8 comments:

Lucy said...

Glad you're hanging in there. Much love to you.

The Crow said...

Our town lucked out, Lucy.

Thank you for your friendship.

Should Fish More said...

Outstanding! Let's hope it abates soon, for you and all those in the areas affected. Keep your powder dry, Martha.

dianefaith said...

Glad you're OK. I'm way down here in the deep South and the wind is gusting hard. Last night it blew a glass pie plate off the back porch. Those things are low and flat, but the wind managed to scoop it right over the edge of the porch and smack down on a rock. We had —stupidly—put it out there to hold a couple of sausages for the dog.

Anonymous said...

I had to turn on the heat. Before January! This is so wrong I don't know where to start whining, but not to worry as I always find a place.

Zhoen said...

I was watching the weather on tv at work all Monday, and was more that a little disappointed to go out to such boring "perfect" weather. I love storms, and consider 70˚F and clear skies to be not worth the bother to look at.

Connie said...

I'm catching up on your posts about the storm, Martha. So glad to hear you came through OK, that you didn't lose power or your tree. I'm sure it was scary for a while for you. I can't imagine what they are going through in New York and New Jersey and other places. They've got a while ahead of them before things are normal again.

susan said...

I just wanted to let you know I miss you and hope you are well. I've noticed myself the longer I take between posts the easier it is to wait another day - or week, or more. Still it's good to know the darkest part of winter is behind us now even if the coldest is still to come. Spring will too.

Take care.