I spent several minutes turning Mr. Nixon this way and that, chuckling at the idea that the former "I-am-not-a-crook" President had been reincarnated as a vegetable. Then I began playing with my food. (Can't help it; I'm just made that way.)
As I added features with bits of other vegetables, Mr. Prez became Mme. Aubergine. I even loaned her a pair of my earrings so she could dress for dinner. Of course, she - like the oysters in Lewis Carroll's poem, The Walrus and the Carpenter - had no idea that she was to be the main course.
I prefer couscous with ratatouille, but had none, so I made do with rice. Mme. Aubergine was a very tasty guest, mixed well with the squashes, onions, mushrooms and the red pepper. Yum!
(C) 2011 Text and photos by Martha McLemore
8 comments:
AHAHAHAHAHA! This post made me laugh tonight, Martha. Oh my! Thanks! :D
Oh brilliant!
Looks delish! Mme. Aubergine reminds me of the Easter Island heads - a familiar profile for sure.
Hope you emjoyed the meal and thanks for the smile, Sofie one crow.
Nixon was a Quaker, wasn't he? I always found that strange. Can't see him buttoning up for a silent meeting and I suspect most Qs might differ from him (in the nicest possible way) when it came to expletives deleted. Quakers and cannibalism? Well, you tell me.
Funny eggplant you had there! I like the taste of couscous but it's not easily available here..the last time I got it and cooked but my other half didn't like it..sigh!
Mademoiselle's an elegant aubergine!
the resemblance is remarkable.
and the dish looks wonderful!!
That is hilarious!!
Post a Comment