Saturday, May 14, 2011

My Backyard, Part One

Follow-up to previous post:

BB: I considered a gun, then immediately thought better of the idea, then considered a paint gun using sacks of bank dye, then decided against all guns, no matter what.

Steve: I think the thief was from Maryland, though I can't prove it. I just hope he needed those things more than I did.

Jim: I need one of these Moroccan goats!

Anne: That feeling of violation was gone by the second day, fortunately. I was left feeling foolish for not protecting my belongings better.

Fresca: The last time I was burgled was over 20 years ago. I let down my guard; almost issued an open invitation to any thief who walked or drove by. This was a good remedial lesson.

Lucy: I probably needed the reminder to be more cautious, though, Lucy.

Terry: We had built a fence around what used to be a smokehouse, so that we had a safe place for our late dog-buddy to stay while we were at work. It is behind the carport, out of sight from the alley. That's where the new-old mower is now stored.

Maria: I like the sounds the push mower makes - and it is a good work out.

Avus: My homeowners insurance has a $1,000 deductible, so that my annual premium is lower. The replacement value for both items is lower than the deductible, even if I buy brand new. I thought about putting a notice in the local paper, asking the thief if I could borrow my things back every now and again when I need to repair the house or cut the grass.

Needlewings: Hello, and thank you for visiting. I like the alligator idea, and know where I can get one, too! I have family in Louisiana who might be willing to help out.

Duchess: You truly are between a rock and a hard spot. Perhaps if you outlined where everything goes with crime scene tape?

Susan: I think you are correct, that it was someone from outside our neighborhood who took the mower and ladder...and, only temporarily though, my faith in others. The faith came back in a couple of days.

No comments: