Thursday, January 20, 2011

Cosmic Poetry, Part Eight

This was waiting for me in my email box when I returned home from class. Thought some of you might enjoy watching it, if you haven't already.




PS: good quote found at Whiskey River -

"Cosmology is among the oldest subjects to captivate our species. And it's no wonder.
We're storytellers, and what could be more grand than the story of creation?"
- Brian Greene
The Fabric of the Cosmos

5 comments:

Deedee said...

Hello Sofie One Crow- Glad to see you back and posting. I have been thinking of you and wishing you well. ~Deedee

Deedee said...

Wow - this is cool. How do they choose a tune that fits the narration so well? I love it. Thanks for sharing!

Steve said...

Genius is everywhere... even on YouTube!

Roderick Robinson said...

But that's Magnus Magnusson I said, longtime questioner on the BBC's egghead quiz Mastermind. Famous in GB years ago but unlikely to mean anything in Crow territory. But I was forgetting the universality of the Internet.

Two things:

(1) Stephen Hawking must have the most recognisable voice in the world, which is odd, sad and then (on reflection) not so sad.

(2) Adding the music was surely no casual matter and I suspect required remarkable skills. And yet it seems it was all done for free. Altruism's where you find it.

Lucy said...

Hello Crow!