Later in the day, an intense, but very brief, rainstorm blew through town. I think it was supposed to be a snow shower, but the morning had been warm and sunny, so we had rain instead. By the time I got home from work, the sun was setting, and the retreating rain clouds were beginning to show some color. I have a small point-and-click camera, not the best for taking sky shots, but I was thrilled it captured some of the color I was seeing.
These first three shots are from the west, south and east of my house, respectively, and show the beginnings of color. I apologize for the trees and power lines interfering with the view; rather crowded around here.






17 comments:
Dawn is really lovely, worth getting up ridiculously early to see.
Really beautiful - thank you for sharing!
Lovely.
Although this post stands as a sure challenge, I'm still not convinced that any civilized activity begins before noon. Well, except one that produces pictures such as these.
Fabulous colours in leaves and skies - good captures!
At its most extreme the Fall red colour is unreal: almost impossible to capture without feeling that the camera's fibbing. Yet there's proof that you've got it right by the colours of the house which are obviously exact.
When we moved from Kingston, a very densely populated area, to Hereford which is predominantly rural, one of the benefits we inherited was a wider sky. Looks like you did too. Congratulations; the results are worth the effort and they underline the rule of thumb that photography offers the best potential at the other ends of the time spectrum, never at midday.
Beautiful shots. I actually like the silhouettes of the power lines and TV antennas against the sky.
thank you for bringing me into the loveliness of your day and the gifts of its colours.
After seeing that sequence of photographs, I feel I have spent a day chez Crow.
Above and beyond.
Nice, thank you for posting those lovely photos.
Beautiful.
Glorious colours. Autumn's clearly lingering for you. Not a leaf left around here.
What lovely photos.
Your photographs of an autumn sunrise are beautiful. Perhaps you were awoken early just so you could be there to witness the beginning of that day.
Best wishes for an equally lovely winter to come.
What glorious photos. And taken on my birthday too.
I'm always so delighted to see you've left a remark on one of my posts and wanted to come by to let you know. I'm hoping Crow will return soon with some stories and wry wit to brighten our days.
Post a Comment