Crow-citation (Crocitation)
I am
A bright golden leaf
Dancing in the soft autumn breeze,
Delaying my destiny with the ground.
I am
My mother’s love-song
That hums in my heart,
Lifting me up in my darkest hours.
I am
The cracking eggshell
That shelters the hatchling-me,
Until I am ready to face the world.
I am
The brush that strokes
The canvas of my life with color,
Painting a dream yet to be.
I am
The sunrise on a crisp winter morn,
Whose light sparkles across the snow,
Lighting my way with rainbow splinters.
I am
The crow’s wing feather
That fell onto my window sill,
Entreating me to take flight.
I am
A portal to the Universe
Where all answers will be found,
Beckoning me to step on through.
I am
The library, full of stories,
That holds the key to who I am,
Waiting for me to unlock the door.
I am
The last page of the old book,
And the first page of the new,
And only I can write the next line.
I am ready, now, to live.
Martha McLemore, 2010
Photo by Stuart Richardson

15 comments:
You are that good. And so is this poem.
This is lovely, so full of joy and hope!!
The best of all things to be ready for. :-)
Are you submitting stuff for publishing? (Not that this isn't publising...)
Given the copyright line I take it this is yours. If so, you've upped your game considerably and this is easily the best thing you've done.
Especially:
The cracking eggshell
That shelters the hatchling-me,
And in particular the idea, the way the idea is sustained and the integration.
Best of all: for a while you could claim to have got the better of your sufferings.
Lisa: Thank you for your compliment. I'm attempting a new art form.
Marja-Leena: I am feeling hopeful and am glad that came through in the poem.
Steve: Yes, it is. Took awhile to get here, but it sure feels better!
Fresca: Not yet, but thank you for sending the PDF with links to Practicing Writers. I intend to follow up on it.
Hello, BB:
Yes, it is mine. The cracking eggshell image is what came to me first, for I do feel I am emerging from the dark.
Lovely, and how well it affirms life and renewal.
Thank you, HKatz.
:)
Absolutely!
Beautiful. :-)
Martha, your words lift me up and I can feel the lightness and hope of your words. Lovely.
Post a Comment