Thursday, July 22, 2010

Trolling for News, Found This.



While searching the news outlets, I stopped at Lisa Golden's blog to see what was new in her neck of the woods.  Followed a suggestion at the bottom of her most recent post and found a rant she wrote back in February this year. 

At the end of it was this wonderful joke, which is too close to the bone for me right now, but I did laugh - "a bitter laugh," as Lisa wrote, but I needed to laugh. 

I told her I was stealing the joke; figured there were at least two or three of you who stop here who might get a kick out of it - one way or the other.


LOST WOMAN

 A woman in a hot air balloon realized she was lost. She lowered her altitude and spotted a man in a boat below. She shouted to him,

"Excuse me, can you help me? I promised a friend I would meet him an hour ago, but I don't know where I am."

The man consulted his portable GPS and replied, "You're in a hot air balloon, approximately 30 feet above ground, elevation of 2,346 feet above sea level. You are at 31 degrees, 14.97 minutes north latitude and 100 degrees, 49.09 minutes west longitude.

She rolled her eyes and said, "You must be an Obama Democrat."

"I am,"replied the man. "How did you know?"

"Well," answered the balloonist, "everything you told me is technically correct. But I have no idea what to do with your information, and I'm still lost. Frankly, you've not been much help to me."

The man smiled and responded, "You must be a Republican."

"I am," replied the balloonist. "How did you know?"

"Well," said the man, "you don't know where you are or where you are going. You've risen to where you are due to a large quantity of hot air. You made a promise you have no idea how to keep, and you expect me to solve your problem. You're in exactly the same position you were in before we met, but somehow, now it's my fault."

8 comments:

Steve said...

Now that is satire...!

marja-leena said...

Ha! That is a good one!

Fresca said...

Heh.
Is that a recorded dialogue of Gore and W.?

Just today I heard someone described as the sort of person who, when s/he has a bad day, somehow it's always someone else's fault.

An unfortunate (but nonpartisan) human trait.

lisahgolden said...

I totally forgot about that joke. It's still true! Dang. Now you can see why I stopped writing about politics (mostly). The stupid drags on and on and on.

Hi! And thanks for the link! It's nice to see you.

Zhoen said...

Blame serves no real purpose, does it?

20th Century Woman said...

Now, that's a good joke. I'm going to print it and show it to my husband. He's one of those fuzzy minded libertarians. You know, one of those people who want to get rid of all the rules (except for the ones they want to make themselves.)

susan said...

I remembered that joke from Lisa's blog but it was fun reading it again. Since one good joke deserves another, here's one:

A duck walks into a bar, hops up on a stool and says to the bartender "Got any grapes?" The bartender says "No" and the duck leaves. Next day the duck comes back, hops on his stool and says to the bartender "Got any grapes?" The bartender says "I told you yesterday we don't have any grapes and we still don't have any grapes". The duck left. The following day the duck comes back again, hops on the stool, looks at the bartender and says "Got any grapes?". The bartender gives the duck a long stare and says "I keep on telling you we don't have any grapes and if you come in here one more time asking for grapes I'm going to nail your bill to the bar". The duck left. Next day the duck walks back into the bar, hops up on his favorite stool, looks at the bartender and says "Got any nails?" The bartender says "No, I don't have any nails". The duck says "Got any grapes?"

Harlequin said...

good call on that joke--it's deadly!
thanks for sharing.