I'm out visiting other blogs, my catch-up day, but wanted to leave this that I found over at Whiskey River blog:
"Stuff your eyes with wonder . . . Live as if you'd drop dead in ten seconds. See the world. It's more fantastic than any dream made or paid for in factories."- Ray Bradbury

8 comments:
Nice quotation. Bradbury was the only science fiction writer I liked. He was an intellectual. And I seem to be a bit of a snob.
Hello, Peggy:
Bradbury and Asimov were both intellectual writers. It is Asimov's story, Nightfall, I quote under the star image.
I don't think it snobbery to appreciate good writing in any genre. Shows you have a good mind which thrives on the stimulation.
:D
There are some very good sci-fi writers newer to the scene than Bradbury and Asimov and some of them extraordinary intellectuals. You just have to know where to look. Ask me sometime and I'll give you a short list of current favorites.
The picture is a beauty.
Susan:
I'd like very much to see your short list. Feel free to post it here, if you like, or my email address is posted in my profile. Thanks!
:)
Yes, I like to think I live like I'll be dead in the next moment. Not careless, but experiencing what's in front of me. I like Bradbury and years ago, took the Asimov quiz that was in the newspaper. Never was a big fan of science fiction, but not totally against it either, just not my first choice.
I like to think that when I live from day to day, I look and feel and sense the universe. Like watching the wind blow and seeing what it does to the trees, or what humans have left for trash, cleansing the world with a rush of air, moving everything into a corner to be neatly piled in the remote possibility that someone will clean it up.
Peace
Joe:
That's a nice image you've conjured there, about the wind sweeping our trash into piles, waiting for us to clean up after ourselves.
:)
Bradbury was marvelous, wasn't he!
thanks for this reminder
Harlequin:
He certainly was. Left us lots of good books and stories.
:)
Post a Comment