Too early for church bells; just lots of birdsong. Sun peeps coyly through the leaves.
The old birdbath, pedestal long ago broken, captures a piece of the early morning sky in its rainwater. Shards of fossilized sea-floor keep it company.
(c) 2009 Photos and text Martha McLemore
18 comments:
All eternity in a reflection.
Beautifully stated, Zhoen!
:)
Such beauty in small things. Lovely of you to share this.
Look convex, that water in the birdbath, beautiful.
It's a wonderful time of year for birdsong.
Utah:
Didn't notice the neighbor's trash cans until after I posted the photo, but I liked the way the shadows draped themselves across the alley.
:)
Lucy:
You are right, it does look convex! The bowl sits at a slant, which sometimes makes the water lefel look as if it is about to fall off the edge of the earth.
Nice happenstance, that picture.
:)
John/AWB:
And this morning was filled with it. So glad I didn't sleep in and miss it.
:)
Looks like a very large rain drop.So glad you didn't sleep in.
I love the early morning when the air is still cool and fresh, the world is still except for delightful birdsong. That's so well captured in that lovely birdbath and water!
Beautiful.
I also like rather a lot the blog title description 'Random Observations of a Skywalker' just love it:)
Joe/Plutarch:
Not as astonishing as your raindrop that captured so much, but it is lovely to look at.
:)
Marja-Leena:
One of the rhings that makes the birdbath work so well in this instance is that the bottom is covered with algae and leaf debris. That darkness seems to make the reflection more intense.
I am enjoying your photos from your vacation abroad. (And Kucy's, too!)
I am able to travel vicariously through your exploits: wonderful fun for me.
:)
Hello, Beatrice:
How nice of you to visit. There is a small story behind the subtitle which I keep intending to post. Perhaps I can get to that today.
:)
I love the way your old birdbath, the downspout, rocks, and sky all work together as an organic whole. Looking forward to that backstory!
ER:
That photo turned out much better than I anticipated, much to my delight.
The backstory is little in importance.
:)
I ADORE Sunday mornings...
I do, too, Maria, better even than Saturdays, sometimes.
:)
Post a Comment