
Things that caught my eye during the last few fly-overs:
- a perfect head of lettuce (enlarge it)
- poppies waking up (scroll through the others too)
- a couple of things that made me laugh and laugh again
- two great last lines
- Zhoen's link to this nightmare
- a view I hope to see in person, from the driver's seat of a dream machine
- decorating ideas for my workshop
- caddis fly lux home, found through link here (scroll down)
- more dream machines, from link here
- someone's peek into my soul this morning
- a website that explains why I'm a Skywalker
- an iris close-up to steal my heart
There are more, but this is long enough for tonight. See you around.
16 comments:
(o)
We seem to be wandering some of the same neighbourhoods! Thanks also for a few new ones to check out.
In my father's house there are many mansions - sounds like a suggestion that everyone would be welcome. But as that particular book goes on to explain, this is not the case.
However, Crow's nest seems genuinely many-mansioned. Opening one of the links, somewhat bog-eyed of a morning, I was startled to find you'd hit the trail for Oregon and were smoking cigars with your mates. Got that one straightened out after a few seconds. I particularly liked the adult response to Michael Jackson's death of Helen and her pal. We need more adults at this time of media over-kill.
Am quietly pleased to find you've been drawn to my eponym down in Mechanicsville. I love his highly individual tone of voice (as well as his interest in things that go round and round).
Good morning, Zhoen!
:)
Hello, Marja-Leena:
I probably found some of those listed here at your site, can't remember.
Blogging lets me hit the road vicariously - without the expense or unwelcome surprises the open road carries with it.
:)
A bunch of great sites to check out. And you listed mine, I am honored beyond belief! You are so kind.
I take time in the early morning most days to check out the sites I list on my blogroll. I get so far down and run out of time. So, some don't get my full attention every day. I add to the list once in a while as I save info on another link and eventually put the new ones onto the roll. I'll have to rotate those from the bottom up towards the top. I don't use alphabetical order.
Thanks for seeing these and turning us on, and again, thanks for the mention.
Peace.
Good morning, BB:
Some of the best stories are in that book you referenced. I like David's poetry. Would like to know if he agonzed over each line, too. Bet he did...well, maybe not every line, but a darned good many of them.
My dream of the ultimate road trip grows dim, sometimes. Spadoman's posts help keep it alive for me.
RR hooked me when I read "a nightly rinse in the river of words." Some of the most evocative, sensual (for me, anyway) words I've read in a long time. The man has the soul of a poet. I found him through you, of course.
:)
Good morning, Joe:
As I mentioned to BB, your blog keeps my dream of traveling by motorcyle on the front-burner, so I don't let it die like I have so many others. When I'm ready to hit the road, I'm going to ask for your list of must-see places to visit.
:)
Happy Canada Day ( from a northern friend)...
thanks for this lovely walkabout...and a bird's eye view of your landscapes.
Your post illustrates the vast network we are all a part of.
Almost like a huge living brain.
Harlequin:
Many happy returns to you, too!
:D
John/AWB:
I like your analogy. Visiting other blogs certainly feeds my brain!
:)
There's nothing to compare with being on the wing :-)
Hey, Susan - I am so very ready to fly away. Too much responsibility at the moment to do so, but someday soon; someday soon.
:)
Isn't it just wonderful how much grace and talent is out there?
Yes, it is, and you seem to possess a lion's share of both attributes, Maria. You are one of the best writers I follow, hands down.
I hope to find something of yours on a shelf at the local bookstore someday.
:)
Post a Comment