Thursday, July 25, 2019

Short one.

Nothing special; posting because I still can't believe that I've made it to 72.  I never expected to, yet here I am.

Of course, tomorrow might be another story, but - by god and the universe - I still have today.

Hope all of you are having a great day today, as well.  I know one blogging friend who is: he's having a beautiful huckleberry pie!

11 comments:

Should Fish More said...

And it was good. I'm halfway through 73, and never expected to make it to 22, so there it is. Take care, Martha.

The Crow said...

I'm glad you did make it past 22, though statistically you probably shouldn't have, considering what you were involved in at that age, and where you were.

And I'm glad your pie was as good as I thought it might be!

Avus said...

Good to read you once more, Martha. And such a positive one at that. The world ain't all that bad if you can ignore the politicians. Although that can be hard at times.

I am into my 81st year. Can't do all that I used to, but have adapted. Like you, I just cannot believe my body's age (although it does remind me of it - especially when getting out of bed in the morning!)

Keep safe and healthy.

Zhoen said...

Here's to surviving. And finding the pie.

The Crow said...

Avus:

It is hard to ignore the craziness of American politics, but I'm working on it. I hope your Boris doesn't turn out to be like our Donald, as some pundits are insinuating.

Some mornings are better than others for me, as well. I guess that is to be expected, though it would help to have a manual on what lies ahead. Perhaps a "Getting Old for Dummies" sort of thing.

I am always glad to hear from you.

The Crow said...

We're coming in to peach season, so I think there might be a different kind of pie on my table soon. Or maybe a peach and raspberry buckle! With thick cream or some rich French vanilla ice cream.

Sweet dreams tonight!

Tom said...

Wishing you well.

The Crow said...

Thank you, Tom. I hope all is well with you and Lucy, too!

Michael Leddy said...

Happy birthday, Martha! And many happy returns of the day.

The Crow said...

Thank you, Michael. It was a good day.

Roderick Robinson said...

No age at all. Was I still ski-ing then? Imagine yourself 12 years further on and take comfort in asking: What can it be like to be as over-used as that sour disruptive living in a country where fools are seeking to re-create The Dark Ages.

I'd wish you something or other but the vocabulary for such things is so threadbare. You can't believe 72 so which year - before this one - would you have settled for? Answer: obviously none. Look at things differently: you arrived at 2019 quite naturally. Perhaps you deserved to. I'd support that in my cynical way.

There was no blueberry pie for me on July 25 but on July 27 there was Latour's Vosne Romanée and a vintage calva. Not a birthday (that's fairly imminent) just a cure for travel fatigue. I remember a photograph of you in uniform and an accumulation of sharp responses in my comments column. I knew there were difficulties but I also knew you had spirit. Yeah, I guess you deserved 72 and - to tell the truth - rather more.