Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Message for All Women

This is short, intended originally for Mike (blog name Genial Misanthrope), whose email address I have lost, to pass on to his kids, in case they haven't seen the story yet.  However, it has important info for all women and those who care about them.  

I received this from friend Zhoen (blog name One Word): thank you, Zhoen - I'm happy to receive the link.

http://www.pri.org/stories/2016-12-05/cross-generational-group-us-women-planning-nationwide-strike-against-trump
 
Back to the trenches!  It costs very little, if anything, to join this movement, but will send a strong message.  Women are the ones who will be hurt most by a Trump presidency, so we must be among the ones to do something to affect change - legally, without resorting to violence.
 
STRIKE!

5 comments:

Should Fish More said...

For a starter, mm5.montana@gmail.com. Martha, sorry if I've not kept you up to date on emai adds.

I'm forwarding on your post to Kate and Emily.

I don't know what to say to women now, I try to comfort my girls, tell them that it will change, which it will. Patience seems unworthy now. You people, you women, you girls, need to act. Change the world in a way your moms and daughters will be proud.

Another visit to the ER tonight convinced me they know less than I do.

All my best, and carry on,
Mike

The Crow said...

Mike:

Thanks for passing the link on. I've sent it to my daughter and asked her to post the link (if she finds value in it) on her social media accounts.

And thanks, too, for your support, which is part of what makes you a good man, a good friend and a good father. I'm glad I know you.

Are you home from the ER yet?

Zhoen said...

Should Fish,
Thank you.

The actual petition is here. https://www.change.org/p/electoral-college-make-hillary-clinton-president-on-december-19-4a78160a-023c-4ff0-9069-53cee2a095a8?source_location=topic_page

Crow,
Thank you.

Tabor said...

It seems there are quite a few women's organizations starting locally. I wish they could combine their efforts.

susan said...

In times of anxiety it's good to recall words of wisdom:
“Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake”
~W.C. Fields

Wishing you good health and serenity in the New Year, Martha.