Artwork (c) by Larry Eifert
Seven raucous crows in my oak tree this morning. I think it is a mated pair with hangers-on, either their offspring or members of their extended family. I recognized some of their calls as bonding cawing. A prelude to mating, perhaps? Or bragging about what has already occurred? Either way, can spring be far behind?
Grandson Donovan will have the splints in his nose removed this morning. I couldn't be there for his surgery, but I'm meeting my daughter Kareema and Donovan at the medical center where the procedure takes place later this morning. He's been advised that this will be uncomfortable to downright painful. Kareema knows he'll want to hold/squeeze her hand during this, so she's preparing for her own painful session. He's going to feel a great deal better once they're out and he can return to school. Probably do some bragging of his own.
Short post today. So far, these are the most interesting things going on in my life this morning.
But, the day is young.
Short post today. So far, these are the most interesting things going on in my life this morning.
But, the day is young.
6 comments:
Poor guy. Poor mom and gran.
Very interesting things they are, too. I remember how painful it is to watch your child hurting, however necessary and good the results are. Hope your morning went well.
Crows love my back yard. One day a week or so ago, I watched a group of them aggravating a hawk. The whole gang were flying low, 5 or 6 crows against one hawk, but the odds seemed pretty even.
Hats off to the crow artist. Simplicity so often wins.
Glad he's getting through it, hope he makes the most of the ordeal and really grosses them out with details when he gets back to school!
I'm not sure which is harder: Having it done or watching it done. I'd rather share neither, but we don't often get those druthers, do we?
There's a murder of crows that live in this area. They swoop at my living room window, headed up the building to grace the antennae. And to startle me and the finches.
I hope Donovan got through the nasty business okay.
Post a Comment