Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Playing with Food

This is Mr. Muffinman.  He and his spouse came to lunch this afternoon.  Here he is getting cozy with Daughter, who also stopped by for lunch.


This is Mrs. Muffinman, giving Mister an earful for getting cozy with Daughter.

Shortly after the second photo was taken, Daughter consumed the Muffinman couple; first, Mister, then his jealous wife.

Other than the muffincide, the afternoon was pleasant.  Daughter and I chatted about all sorts of things, watched the squirrels scamper through the trees, ate our lunch of red beans and rice with andouille, then chased rainbow sundogs and the most beautiful sunset.

On the way back to her house, Daughter's stomach rumbled loudly.

The Muffinmans were still at it, I guess.

6 comments:

Zhoen said...

heehee

Sir Hugh said...

That's writing.

Should Fish More said...

I'm sure a good lawyer can get the MM's daughter off with minimal time in the oven.
Mike

Connie said...

Haha! Cute post! Sounds like a nice time spent with your daughter. :-)

Roderick Robinson said...

When you make your triumphal visit to Great Britain you would do well to reflect on the nature of muffins as you sit by our octogenarian queen in an open carriage, being driven up The Mall as the common folk shower you with rose petals. Not only do our muffins not resemble yours they belong to an entirely different category of bread things. Yours is a sort of bun whereas ours has more in common with the crumpet (A word which also means female pulchritude so bear this in mind when chatting to your neighbour in the carriage) and, as far as I know, we spread butter on it. I'm sure one of the Palace aides will let you know about this before you sit down to tea but it's best to be prepared.

I should add I'm a great crumpet enthusiast (in both senses) and only the day before yesterday I asked Mrs LdP if, as a treat, we could have them with streaky bacon piled so high that occasionally an individual rasher slid off on to the plate. This I was accorded.

Feel free to talk to our monarch about baseball and Mitt Romney's chances. You will get exactly the same responses as if you had asked about croquet and grouse shooting.

As to muffincide I suppose individual states will have to make up their collective minds as to whether it carries a capital penalty. No doubt you have your own thoughts. Having re-read your post I think muffinabilism is the more appropriate word, which makes me think that prosecuting attorneys will strive hard to get a conviction given the absence of a corpus delicti.

One final piece of advice: low heels are less tiring and the Palace corridors are very long.

susan said...

Handsome muffins.
Good story.
Glad to know it was a happy day.