"There’s a fork in the road ahead
I don’t know which way I’m gonna turn
There’s a fork in the road ahead"
..........Neil Young, from 2009 album "Fork in the Road."
One of the things I do when I have been hurt, really hurt, is I shut down my emotions and seek out a cave for the duration of the event. I also take my brain hostage, so that when I re-emerge from my cave and see the mess I've made of my life, I am stunned. How could I have made such a cock-up of so many things?
Faced with several mistakes which need to be set right, some of which are costly, and with some 'fork-in-the-road' choices, I need to back off blogging for awhile. Won't be back for a couple of months or so, but I'll be thinking of all of you, and will drop by your sites when I can to keep up with your lives.
Hope your summer goes well! See you this fall.

17 comments:
While on hiatus, try to pick up The Gift of Fear by Gavin De Becker. Ostensibly about predicting violence, it's more generally illustrative of how we make choices and deny our intuition, or listen to it. I keep mulling it over.
be well as you engage in your reflections and insights; and, of course, be gentle with your self.
Warm regards and thoughts to you over these next few months.
Wishing you the best of luck in the months ahead. Take care of yourself, dear Crow.
(Love that sign post!)
Will be here waiting. Good luck and take care.
Best of luck. I hope you find your way and make decisions you're happy with.
May the wind be at your back!
Vaya con Dios!
Of course, there's always the little matter of deciding who he is.
You will be missed and though I refrain from urging you to keep going, understand your need for a break, I must be allowed to urge you to be back soon. Lots of love.
I understand the need to retreat. I just backed off for a mere 24 hours and found that this restored my powers.
Good luck to you!
Halt die Ohren steif, dear Martha! Hope the summer treats you well.
Rest up, refit, and we'll be here looking for you.
Regards,
Scott
I dropped by to see how you're doing and have found you gone for the summer. Best wishes.♡
Everything all the others said. Take good care and don't be a stranger.
Much love.
May all be well with you. Follow the old baseball coach's advice: "When you come to fork in the road, take it!"
Hey! I know all about your choice... as I have been living it for the past many months. I know about that part in life's trail when it splits (or should split)... Damn it is a hard one. All my fingers are crossed for luck - yours and mine xoxoxoxo
I know the break of which you speak... been there many times. Love your pictures - they are very well explained.
We do what we must. All my best to you as you heal. xoxo
A nice description in your previous post of an interaction with your crows whilst down under a related species of magpies have become accustomed to their daily assortment of nuts.
All the best for your summer,may you find your way forward.
Best wishes
Post a Comment